May 6, 2017

The Grandmother of the Trans Movement and Bibles from the '70s

A couple years ago I made a post about some Bibles from the '70s:


I didn't really write anything in that post, but when I was a kid we had all these bibles at my church. For some reason, I thought they were really cool. They probably reminded me of the sort of design you'd see on PBS - stuff that was made in the '70s but still airing when I was a little kid.

Anyway, I just came across this article in the Advocate:


And right there in the photo, Phyllis Frye is holding one of those bibles! I don't know why she is. And I don't really know why I'm so excited about it, but there it is. A strange little connection. 





1 comment:

  1. I have a couple of those :) the covers are really cool and I like how they're trying to appeal to young people.

    ReplyDelete