May 16, 2017

My Old "Radio" Show - The March of Time




I used to have this "radio show", it was imaginary though, I just put the episodes on the internet. I was always finding old, interesting records at the thrift store down the road from my house and I decided to use them to make a show. The whole thing is just so ridiculous, looking back I can't understand what possessed me to do this. I guess I didn't have much going on in my life at the time - just doing puppet shows at Disney World. And I can't believe this is now over ten years old. 

It is fun and interesting to look, or rather, listen to these episodes. They're sort of like a time capsule of my life at that time. I was living in an alternate universe for a few years. I ended up making about fifteen episodes, which you can find all of somewhere on soundcloud. And then a little while later (maybe 2011?) I sort of revived it with a sequel program called Points in Times - which was equally escapist driven. 

I guess the whole thing is sort of a predecessor to my current work The Creatures of Yes

Here is the first episode, if you're interested: 





2 comments:

  1. This made my day -- so so good! I listened to a few and particularly liked the Shadow one.. Wish you'd made more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it.... you're the only one! haha!!

    ReplyDelete