August 21, 2014

A Taste of Epcot



Years ago, while I was still working at Disney, one night after a long day of doing puppet shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios (then still called MGM studios) my dear friend and co-worker, Keith, asked me if I'd like to go to Epcot with him and watch the fireworks. I never turned down watching the fireworks at Epcot. So we went and we found a nice place to watch them from in front of the Japanese pavilion. Keith got a glass of plumb wine. I'd never had plumb wine before so I got one too. And I loved it! I hate the taste of most alcohol, but plumb wine is pretty sweet and sort of tastes like what I would imagine wine would taste like in Narnia. 

So last night Peter and I were having dinner at the Japanese restaurant around the corner and I ordered a glass of plum wine. I took a sip and was like "Whoa, Epcot!" and I said "Peter, I think having a glass of plum wine is like a little taste of Epcot." and he had a sip and agreed. And we also both agreed that plum wine tasted vaguely educational, just like Epcot. 

THE END

1 comment:

  1. This tale brought the slightest yet greatest smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete