December 11, 2013

Saying Goodbye to a Little Friend I Never Knew - The Roland System 100M 180 Keyboard Controller


Sometimes growing up means letting things go, even our dreams. And sometimes being a Quaker means doing without things we don't really need. I have long dreamed of owning the Roland 180 Keyboard Controller, the perfect little companion to my mini System 100m. So adorable, look at the two of them together! But a few months back I decided that having a keyboard controller the same size as an SH-09 or SH-1 keyboard didn't make any sense, no matter how cute it was. So I made the grown up decision to let go of my dream of owning the 180 and bought the infinitely more practical 184 -- a four voice polyphonic keyboard controller. And I'm so glad that I did. Today my decision was solidified, when I happened upon an auction for the 180:


This is the first time I've ever seen it sold on it's own, and in mint condition no less! But I've made up my mind. This post is my final farewell to the 180. I hope you find a good home!


1 comment: