May 1, 2013

What's That Sound?


I think my sonic palette is increasing with age. I don't know if it's a natural occurrence or if I've forced it, but suddenly subtle nuances in sound are very important to me. I don't think I'll ever be one of those audiophile guys; the range of sounds that interest me is too narrow. But I do enjoy a much broader rage of sound than I used to and I'm interested in knowing how to create them.

Perhaps this will lead to some future articles here. I've been reading a lot lately, and experimenting, about synthesizing bowed, string sounds. I've also found that my taste for food has broadened with age. People always tell you, "You may not like it now, but you will when you're older.". I never believed it. I still preferred ice cream to anything else into my late twenties. And while I still love ice cream, I've also acquired a taste for dill pickles. Never thought that would happen! Just in time for summer too... what a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Don't go too far... Its easy to become insane. Best to stay in the Self for rage of sound

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're one step away from dill pickle ice cream!

    ReplyDelete