December 15, 2012

Christmas Time Is Here


It's no secret that Christmas is my favorite time of year. I have my Christmas tree up and decorated, nine and a half feet --though I'm still looking for the right size candles for it. Last year I was in Germany just before Christmas and it was much easier to find Christmas tree candles. If anyone knows where to find them in America please let me know in the comments.  



In other news, I have bonded a bit with my Roland MC-202. I took it with me to Maryland where I was recording vocals and mixing the record, in case I needed to throw on any last minute synthesizer parts, and I did, and I was very pleased with the sound of this little box. I still agree with the popular notion that the built in sequencer is senselessly difficult, but I feel that way about most sequencers so I'm probably not the guy to ask about that sort of thing. CSQ or nothing! That's my motto. 

If only the MC-202's casing was metal rather the plastic... it would have been just perfect. It just seems a little toyish in it's plastic casing. I still like it. It is really portable. Sometimes that's important. You can just throw it in your bag and hop on a bus to Maryland. Easy!


Oh, PS, I'm working on a little Christmas surprise for you. 

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Christmas surprises!

    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. Looks like candles but without a base to clip them to the branches.

    http://www.amazon.com/Biedermann-Sons-Chime-Candles-20-Count/dp/B002IR2M4K

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy xmas mild slopes from london uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I really love surprises! and Christmas suprises tend to be the best ones, so I'm really looking forward to it!

    ..Though right now, a really great Christmas suprise would be snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here here! We need some snow over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My new favorite way to work with the 202 is the "put in your notes, then tap the two tap buttons to trigger them in time to the metronome" process...kind of the best of both worlds between step sequencing and realtime playing, and then those buttons are so mushy that you can end up with accidental cooler rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Now that's a thought! i don't believe I've tried doing it that way. I think I'd like that.

    ReplyDelete