December 1, 2012

Barren Landscape


  Sorry it's been so quiet around these parts lately. I've been scrambling to try to finish the Cascading Slopes record. I took a bus to Maryland, to my dear friends Justin and Joanna's to record vocals and do final mixes of all the songs at their home studio. I've been working on this album for about two years now and it feels good to be this close to completing it. Things are going well.

In other news:
  1. It was C.S. Lewis' birthday two days ago. Happy belated birthday! 
  2. My friend Joanna that I'm staying with owns Ronnie Martin's old Roland Juno-106. It's the 106 he used on the Joy Electric album CHRSTIANsongs and perhaps Old Wives Tales as well. It still has a bunch of his patches saved in it including  some chirpy sounds that were probably used on the song Birds Will Sing Forever
  3. Looking forward to listening to the new Joy Electric album when I get home.

8 comments:

  1. Great news! We forgive the absence with news of a Mild Slopes album coming out ;)

    Will it be on CD, vinyl, digital? Through Holiday I'm guessing?

    I haven't listened to the new JE album yet. I have my CD here, but I'm too lazy to make my own digital files (I wasn't sent the download code through Kickstarter). And been busy with finishing college homework stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait.

    it would be awesome if you could describe what you used on the album in the liner notes. of course, without giving too much away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and the je album is great. all the songs are real strong, but my only gripe is the polyphony and how high it is in the mix. when listening 2 je's entire catalog, DMA is definitely its own beast. i much prefer the production of dance to moroder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels alright that C.S.Lewis was born at this time of year, as if, somehow, it had to be this way.

    pd. I am really, really looking forward for the Cascading Slopes record.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i have a question about the rs-09...

    is the organ 1 and organ 2 setting supposed to sound so similar? organ 1 sounds exactly the same, but just more muffled or something. don't really have anything to compare it to so maybe you can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be exciting! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for the CS record.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tire of these little tidbits you post. Glad to hear you are keeping busy. Be well Jacob. Maddy in Glasgow

    ReplyDelete