October 24, 2012

Campfire Synthesizers


I really like when analog synthesizers are played alongside acoustic guitars. I guess it's a juxtaposition but I think they actually compliment each other quite nicely. The first time it really occurred to me was when I heard La Petite Fille de La Mer from Vangelis' soundtrack for L'Apocalypse des Animaux. Well, thats the first time I really realized it. Now that I think about it I recall a few songs I recorded with my older brother when we were kids that I thought were pretty great probably for that reason. Here's a recent discovery:





5 comments:

  1. I love that Vangelis track! And you should release some of those older songs. Maybe on a Mild Slopes cassette vol. 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of those old recordings. You probably have more than I do! I used to be kind of sad that I didn't still have them. But I try not to get too attached to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... :( They may be old, but they're still fun. I wonder if someone like Eric M. has some older stuff. Also I would love to hear a certain percussive band do a cover of "Lost Forever." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is possible that some people have those old recordings. It is not possible that anyone will ever cover that song! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha :D I would, but I can't sing!

    ReplyDelete