September 10, 2012

The Magician's Nephew


I found this great picture of a scene from a community theater production of The Magician's Nephew. I was going to cleverly pair it with Morton Subotnick's Silver Apples of the Moon. But upon revisiting it I remembered how much I couldn't stand that sort of music (if one can call it music at all!). So, I'm presenting World Pools instead. I think it's mood perfectly fits the photo. Don't you?


Taking some inspiration from C.S. Lewis' The Magician's Nephew, this piece, World Pools, was written for chamber orchestra and recorded at a concert that took place on the 7th of April 2011, in Surrey University.
This is the live recording from that concert made by Emily Merron
The piece is conducted by Arran Price.

1 comment:

  1. I've only read the Narnia Series and Mere Christianity, but The Magician's Nephew is my favorite book by C.S. Lewis (tied with Mere Christianity) :)

    ReplyDelete