June 16, 2012

New Fantasyland



I rarely get excited about modern developments; I'm much more interested in preserving the past exactly as it was. But there's something about the expansion of Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom in Florida that seems so right. It will double the size of Fantasyland and it's all basically locations from Disney's classic fairytales brought to life.



I'm especially especially excited about the addition of the Beast's castle from Beauty and the Beast. It might seem gratuitous having two castles in one park, but I just think it will be great! Now, if we could only get a Matterhorn mountain on this coast...

The Seven Dwarf's Mine Train coaster is also exciting, but it won't be opening until 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Tempts me to visit the park again. I haven't been there since like the early 90s. And I only live 2 hours away! :-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful, I wish that all around the Beast's castle you could find all those trees but also the village's houses. That would be nice.
    Still trying to get into an internship to be able to go.

    ReplyDelete