May 14, 2012

Summer of '42

Today someone (...a very special someone!) informed me that summer was in full swing back home. It reminded me of the Summer of '42. I found this record in a thrift store about seven years ago. I instantly loved the music, it reminded me a lot of the soundtrack for the old animated version of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (a life long obsession).

So then about four or five years ago I found the book, Summer of '42, in the same thrift store. I loved the soundtrack so much that I bought the book right away and loved that too. It's a coming of age story, and doesn't shy away from anything (one of the few books I love that really isn't intended for children)

I think I'm going to finally seek out the film and watch it. It's about time. Anyway, this is my favorite song from the soundtrack, It's the main theme.

2 comments:

  1. Who is the book by?? It sounds really interesting, and I've been looking for a new read for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song sounds so mellow and beautiful, I think I may have to track down this book :) !

    ReplyDelete