March 13, 2012

With Synthesizers at Night



This is a lovely drawing that one of my readers made of me as a kid practicing with a Roland RS-09 at night in my church sanctuary (based on my post Church Synthesizers from a few weeks back). You can see the full picture here:


She also wrote a lovely piece about how magical memories can be and the way we sometimes bend good memories just a little to be even more wonderful than they actually were. I think I have a habit of doing this, a habit that I've probably completely given into at this point. But what's the harm really?

It's also interesting that she just happened to dress me in exactly what I wore most as a teenager: Chuck Taylors, jeans and a black t-shrit.

Thank to Tona for this beautiful picture. It's amazing to see one of my favorite memories come to life after all these years.

3 comments:

  1. Really nice work Tona. Love the little lamp in the upper corner of the original. A great story and a great image to accompany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's no harm at all, in fact i think it's better that way.

    I'm so glad you liked it. (and thankyou so much for this lovely post and the nice words) :)

    and Tom, i've got to confess that i'm secretly proud of that little lamp. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a really beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete