March 14, 2012

Armen's Music Shop New York, NY


About a month ago I made a post about this music shop on the west side of Manhattan. While I still don't like the way the store is set up to just go in and browse (not possible), I must say that their repair shop is top notch! I've used so many repair shops in the past few years: East Village Music --pretty standard to poor, no frills at all, Rogue Music --down right awful, Main Drag --fine.


So I took my RS-09 to Armen's. One key was triggering about three notes, expecting that they only fix that (all I asked them to), it came back to me in top notch condition! Switches and buttons that were missing were replaces with original Roland parts! The contacts were all cleaned! The 8" slider in the organ section (that has never worked in the past sixteen years I've had it) was fixed! And of course the key in question was fixed. I was shocked and have got to recommend them as the number one repair shop in New York City for analog synthesizers. What a pleasant surprise.


http://www.armensmusic.com/


2 comments:

  1. that picture actually looks like a picture of New York. Skyscrapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is really crazy to walk into that store and see every thing stacked up to the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete