February 19, 2012

Dawn Treader Suite


Today while reading a bit of Sleuthing C.S. Lewis: more Light in the shadowlands by Kathryn Ann Lindskoog I found the following excerpt:


Apparently the name of the project was changed to The Sunrise Path, all the song titles were changed and the cassette was still released. Altogether it was fourteen pieces, an hour long composed by Stanley and Angelee Anderson. Not sure of the year, but it seems to be mid to early 90's.

Here are two low quality wav files I've found:

http://pweb.jps.net/~sangreal/shanty.wav


Update: I was reluctant to tell you (because I don't want to spoil the magical quality I'm trying to project onto this situation) that I believe the synthesizer used on the Dawn Treader Suite was the spiritless Korg 01/W. I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but I feel it is my duty to keep you informed in these matters. Lord knows there aren't any other blogs these days that care to inform the public about the apparent correlations between vintage synthesizers and the imagined realms of C.S. Lewis.

3 comments:

  1. This music surely makes me dream of a faraway land.. I wonder how magic it would be to read the book while listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting... and it looks like you can order a home-made CD of the music from them!

    ...is that an MSQ-700 color scheme in the image above??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do edit the colors of everything i post on this blog to have a more homogenous feel. Indeed.

    ReplyDelete