January 17, 2012

More of Kate Bush and the Fairlight

“I took one look at it and said, ‘This is what I’ve been looking for all my life.’ I couldn’t believe the Fairlight. It’s called a synthesizer, but many of its sounds are of natural source. To be able to play with strings, waterfalls, anything you want, it’s wonderful.”




This is a wonderful interview with Kate -- she has such a delightful demeanor, it's like listening to Princess Diana talk about the Fairlight. But she also talks about her religious beliefs, it's all quite interesting. There's also a little nod to C.S. Lewis in there.


I agree with her about how writing with different instruments effects your song writing. I've heard so many people say they write all their music with a piano or acoustic guitar, even when making electronic music. But i've always though that writing music with a synthesizer has such a way about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment