January 8, 2012

Drum Machines in Narnia



I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, but the color palette of the Roland CR-8000 matches exactly this map of Narnia. And, I mean alarmingly so. To
the extent that I'm sure whoever designed this drum machine must have had this map hanging in their work area. Every single color has an exact representation in the map, including the white and off-white.

Also, Quaker meeting today on 15th street was wonderful. I stayed for a while after to socialize and ended up with a little stack of books. The ones I'm most excited about are Poetry Among Friends and Kindling a Life of Concern.

It's great because I was needing something new to read. I have a habit of reading old things over and over again.

(also, thanks to Justin for taking the photo of the map and drum machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment