December 15, 2011

Roland DG MB-142



I touched on this a couple posts back, but I'm so fascinated by these elusive things that I thought it deserved it's own post. Of course I'm interested in finding any Roland computer monitors (including the color models featured in the previous post), but the Roland MB-142 is the one I'm most interested it. It presents black characters on a "paper-white background", that is; off-white, or vise versa. I think it would be so inspiring to use in the studio. But alas, this ad is the only evidence I've ever found of it's existence. I'm beginning to wonder if Roland only made a handful of monitors for use in their own demonstrations and ads. Below is a simulation I've made of what The Roland S series sampler's software might look like on an MB-142.



No comments:

Post a Comment